Medical Meetings Accreditation
Continuing Medical Education Resources, Inc., a division of IMM, Inc., is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to offer CME activities to physicians. In order for CMER to jointly provide your program, we must work in partnership with you to ensure that the ACCME Essential Areas and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education have been met.
CMER is known for its expeditious application process. While many joint providership companies take a minimum of 2 months for the approval process, CMER’s average turnaround time for application approval is three weeks. CMER also works closely with our clients throughout the application and post meeting processes in order to ensure the clients full understanding of ACCME regulations and compliance issues. Additionally, CMER does not impose any rules or regulations on joint providers that are not mandated by the ACCME. This ensures that our clients have as much freedom in planning their CME activities as possible.
CMER will provide clients with a set of the Joint Providership Guidelines and a contact person to answer any of your questions regarding the joint providership process. This individual is responsible for designating your meeting with Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education.
The following is a summary of services provided and reviews conducted by CMER in conjunction with the process of jointly providing your meeting:
- Processing of meeting application.
- Review and approval of needs assessment documentation.
- Review and approval of learning objectives.
- Review and approval of all promotional material including abstract request information.
- Review of faculty disclosure and commercial support documentation and acknowledgements in program material.
- Review and approval of program agenda.
- Counting and granting of CME credits.
- Review and approval of evaluation form.
- Review of meeting budget.
- On-going correspondence with joint provider organization regarding process education and requests for information.
- Collection of post meeting files as laid out in the providership guidelines to be kept for ACCME review.
If you are interested in CMER's Joint Providership program, please contact CMER's Education Department at: email@example.com or by calling (713) 965-0566.